Monday, November 28, 2011

I Love You, LORD


I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.
Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live.


The cords of death entangled me,
the anguish of the grave came over me;
I was overcome by distress and sorrow.
Then I called on the name of the LORD:
“LORD, save me!”


The LORD is gracious and righteous;
our God is full of compassion.
The LORD protects the unwary;
when I was brought low, he saved me.


Return to your rest, my soul,
for the LORD has been good to you.


--Psalm 116:1-7 (NIV)


Infinitely Loving LORD,

I love You.

I love You…because even through all the noise of this world, You listened for me and heard my cry for mercy--just as You have always done and will always do.

I love You…because without fail, You hear me when I finally turn to You for help, which means I can and will continue to come to You, fully confident that You care for me.

I love You…because when I was bound by a life that was carrying me to my grave, when I came to the terrifying reality that I was dying, when I discovered I was unable to escape on my own, and when I was totally without hope, You saved me and delivered me out of it all!

I love You…because You are righteous, full of grace and mercy and compassion…for me.

I love You…because Your heart is to protect everyone, just like You protected me, by saving me when I was at the point of my greatest need, when I willingly acted like a child, by depending on and trusting totally in You.

I love You…because my soul can be at rest today…and everyday…with the reassurance that You, my LORD, have always been good to me.

I love You.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I think you are on the right track and God will bless you in all that you do. The extent of your Christian witness will be infinite.

    ReplyDelete