Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Humbly Submit to God, Resist the devil

 


 

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

—James 4:7 (NIV)




 

Heavenly Father,

Help me not to forget that, as I humbly and obediently submit myself to You in all things, You give me the power to resist the attacks of the enemy, so that he has no choice but to run from me in fear.

Help me always willingly acknowledge Your authority over me, Your power at work in me through Your Holy Spirit, and the authority that is given to me in the name of Jesus, as a follower of Christ.

Help me to remember that the only power the enemy has to use against me is that which I give him, when because of his lies, I begin to doubt the Truth of Your Word.

Don’t let me forget that You alone have the authority over me, and it is Your Word that gives me the authority to act on Your command to resist the attacks of the devil, with the full confidence that he must flee from me.

Help me not to forget that, as I humbly and obediently submit myself to You in all things, You give me the power to resist the attacks of the enemy, so that he has no choice but to run from me in fear.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment