Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Always Good, Always Loving


Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!
    His faithful love endures forever.

--Psalm 118:1 (NLT)


Faithfully Loving Lord,


I give my thanks to You today, Lord, because You are always good to me and Your love for me never changes!

Remind me to cherish and store up in my heart, those times when I see so clearly the goodness You have lavished on me out of Your immeasurable love for me.

Help me to realize, in the dark times, how limited my perspective is and that just because I don’t see Your unfailing goodness at the moment I may find myself in, that doesn’t mean that it isn’t there waiting for me to discover it.

Remind me to look back over my life to see how Your faithful love for me has always brought good out of my deepest trials, so that I might be encouraged as I face the trials I find in each new day.

Help me to discover that simply keeping a grateful heart towards You brings about good things in my life.

And when I feel so undeserving of Your goodness and Your faithful love, remind me that Your love for me is not determined by what I do—that there is nothing that I can do or say that would ever change it.

I give my thanks to You today, Lord, because You are always good to me and Your love for me never changes!

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment