Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hidden Safely In My Heart


With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!

Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.

--Psalm 119:10-11 (NKJV)


God of Grace and Mercy,

Make my heart a storehouse for Your Word, so that I can draw from the truth that I find there when I am tempted to sin against You.

I know that no matter how committed I am to seek after Your heart, I need Your help to keep from ignorantly or willfully wandering from Your commandments, so I ask You to help me hold fast to my commitment to seek You with my whole heart.

Help me to hide Your Word in the one place where it cannot be stolen from me—in my heart. 

Remind me that if I only hide it away in my house, it can be stolen from me.

Remind me that if I trust it to my mind, my memory may prove to be untrustworthy.

Show me that when I store it up in my heart, it changes me forever from within so that it cannot be taken from me and that only then can it save me from my sinful ways.

Make my heart a storehouse for Your Word so that I can draw from the truth that I find there when I am tempted to sin against You.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment