Monday, April 9, 2012

Standing Firm

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

--1 Peter 5:8 (NIV)


Gracious God,

Help me to take the threat of attack by the enemy seriously, but also keep my peace in the fact that if I stand strong in my faith in You, You will deliver me from traps he has set for me.

Keep me alert to his deceptions and aware of his tactics and remind me that he is battling for my very soul—and the battlefield is my heart and my mind.

Remind me that I don’t have to be afraid, because he can only harm me by deceiving me into believing his lies, and while he may make a lot of noise, he cannot have any control over me that I don’t give him.

So, I will trust You, LORD, to save me from the enemy as I stand firm in my faith and resist his verbal attacks, knowing that my battle is no different than that of the whole family of believers in Christ.

Help me to take the threat of attack by the enemy seriously, but also keep my peace in the fact that if I stand strong in my faith in You, You will deliver me from traps he has set for me.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment