Monday, May 13, 2013

Fervant, Joyful, Patient, Faithful



Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.  Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

—Romans 12:11-12 (NIV)



Heavenly Father,



Let everything I do be done out of my desire to earnestly and enthusiastically serve You.


Cause Your Spirit to burn within my spirit, so that I won’t fall into laziness and complacency about serving You, but rather find all my joy in my wholehearted obedience to Your will for my life.

In whatever situation I may find myself, may I always express that confident joy that lives in me, because of the great hope that I have found in Your saving power to carry me through, and deliver me from, every circumstance that I face, until I finally come to You to live forever there with You.

Help me to wait patiently for You to lift me out of my troubles and trials, as I remain in total faith and trust in Your perfect plan for me.

Keep me connected with You in prayer at all times, so that my communication with You will be uninterrupted, as I place my concerns before You, wait in Your presence to hear what You would say to me, act on what You show me to do and rest with confidence in Your promises to me.


Let everything I do be done out of my desire to earnestly and enthusiastically serve You.


In the name of Jesus, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment