Monday, June 4, 2012

Exact Purpose


And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

--Romans 12:2 (NKJV)


Dear Lord,


May this new day, on this journey that is my life, draw me ever closer to living out Your exact purpose for me.

I don’t want to be like the world…building idols in my heart and chasing after things that will one day fade away into nothing…allowing lust into my heart for things that don’t produce godliness…or lying, cheating, and abusing others, in order to claw my way into some meaningless existence.

I want to be transformed daily and continuously from the sin-filled person I am, into the man of God that You want me to be, until that wonderful day when I meet You face to face, in Heaven.

I know that in order for that to happen, I must allow Your Holy Spirit and Your Word to entirely renew my mind, will and emotions so that I can then discover, test out for myself, and prove to be good, pleasing and perfect, the individualized plan that is Your will for me.

May this new day, on this journey that is my life, draw me ever closer to living out Your exact purpose for me.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment