Friday, June 15, 2012

Not Worthy Of My Love


But people who long to be rich fall into temptation and are trapped by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.

--1 Timothy 6:9-10 (NLT)


God, My Provider,


I don’t want to foolishly let a desire for money cause me to fall into temptations that would ultimately destroy me.  Instead,  I want to recognize that the love of money gives life to all kinds of evil, and thus save myself the anguish and sorrows that would come from wandering from faith and trust in You as my Provider.

I always want to realize that the riches of this world cannot be held and can easily slip from my grasp at any moment of time.

I always want to be content with whatever God chooses to bless me with, as I move through this short life here on earth.

I always want to remain conscious and mindful of what I am willing to do to obtain the money I need in order to live while I am here on earth, so that my heart will remain pure and my integrity will stand intact at all times.

I always want to love others, more than I love money or possessions.

I always want to love a life of obedience to Your Word, above any temporary gain I might receive through disobedience.

I never want to have anything that I am not willing to freely give up for Your purposes.

I don’t want to foolishly let a desire for money cause me to fall into temptations that would ultimately destroy me.  Instead,  I want to recognize that the love of money gives life to all kinds of evil, and thus save myself the anguish and sorrows that would come from wandering from faith and trust in You as my Provider.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment