Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Honored To Pray


Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.

--Colossians 4:2 (NLT)


Gracious God,


Thank You for the great privilege that is mine, to be able to come before You in prayer.

I never want to take for granted the great honor that is mine as I come before You to pray, not as a subject of the King, but as a child of the King,  because of the free gift of salvation that was purchased for me by the sacrifice of Your only begotten Son.

Because of that honor, I want to take seriously the time that I spend in prayer and not allow the distractions of life, or the weariness of my mind, to dilute my focus on You.

I always want to approach You out of the gratitude of a heart that was saved from my sin and filled with Your everlasting love, mercy and grace.

Thank You for the great privilege that is mine, to be able to come before You in prayer.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment