Monday, September 3, 2012

The Nature Of Christ


But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

--Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV)


Dear God,

Thank You for the work that You do in me by Your Holy Spirit, as I allow Christ to be Lord of my life.

I want to be a man who walks in the God-kind of love, overflowing with joy, patiently bearing with others, acting in kindness and with goodness, remaining faithful in all situations, demonstrating a gentleness of spirit and maintaining self-control at all times, so that there can be no charge against me that I have done any wrong thing.

I know that this is only made possible inasmuch as I am able to submit my will to the lordship of Jesus Christ and allow Your Holy Spirit to work within me to produce these traits that are themselves, the very nature of Christ.

So help me to know Your Son, to love Him with all that is in me, to trust Your Word to be Truth, and to do what I know to be Your will, so that by Your Spirit, You will produce this good fruit in me.

Thank You for the work that You do in me by Your Holy Spirit, as I allow Christ to be Lord of my life.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment