Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Along The Riverbank


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord
    and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.
They are like trees planted along a riverbank,
    with roots that reach deep into the water.
Such trees are not bothered by the heat
    or worried by long months of drought.
Their leaves stay green,
    and they never stop producing fruit.

--Jeremiah 17:7-8 (NLT)


Dear Lord,

Thank you for being an eternal river of life-giving water to me.

You, LORD, are my hope…and all my confidence is in You. Because You are trustworthy, I can place all my trust in You alone, and know that in doing so, I will be blessed.

As I trust You, You make me like a tree, intentionally planted along the banks of the river of Your love, so that I can reach down deeply and draw from that refreshing life-giving water. By it I am able to remain strong and growing through the heat of adversity and with it I can patiently endure any drought that might surround me.

As long as I remain in You, You not only keep me alive, strong and growing, but You enable me to continually produce fruit for Your glory and honor.

Thank you for being an eternal river of life-giving water to me.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment