Monday, September 10, 2012

As Jesus Loves



This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

--John 15:12-13 (NLT)



Dear Lord,


Help me to love others as You have loved me.


Help me to understand the many facets of Your love for me, so that I can put Your love into action toward others.


Your Word shows me,



...Your love for me is not dependent on my love for You...
...Your love for me continues regardless of my faults and failures...
...Your love for me is constant and unchanging...
...Your love for me is demonstrated in Your compassion for me...
...Your love for me is poured out in Your goodness and kindness toward me...
...Your love for me is evidenced in Your patience and gentleness with me...
...Your love for me is genuine and not superficial...
...Your love for me changes me and always points me to my Heavenly Father...
...Your love for me is sacrificial…
                                                               ...to the point of death. 

 


Help me to love others as You have loved me.


In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment