Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Properly Clothed


Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

--Colossians 3:12-14 (NIV)


Gracious God,

In response to Your immeasurable love for me, I want to go forth into this new day clothed in Your holiness.

Help me to wear the tender mercies of Your compassion for each person you place in my path today.

Help me to clothe myself in kindness to all, considering others before I consider myself.

Help me to put on the garment of quiet and gently disciplined strength.

Let the clothing of patience which is tireless be mine to wear as I bear with those around me, forgiving them freely, quickly, and completely…just as You through Your Son, Jesus, have forgiven me.

And over all these, help me to wear Your love which holds every virtue in perfect unity, so that Christ may be seen in me.


In response to Your immeasurable love for me, I want to go forth into this new day clothed in Your holiness.


 In the name of Jesus, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment