Friday, March 16, 2012

As You Know Me

Search me, God, and know my heart;
   test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
   and lead me in the way everlasting.

--Psalm 139:23-24 (NIV)


Holy God,

I know that in order for me to grow into the person You want me to be, I must address any darkness that I hold in my heart.

I know that there are dark places in my heart that are so well hidden, that even I do not see them.

I know that You know everything there is to know about me, because You created me and live in me by Your Holy Spirit.

I know that for me to ask You to search out my heart, and to know my thoughts, is an invitation for You, through Your Holy Spirit, to reveal to me those offensive things in my heart that must be removed, so that I can move forward in a closer walk with You, and become more like Your Son, Jesus.

I know that if I am open to change those things You reveal, that You will lead me into the way of everlasting life in You.

So, I ask You to search that which You already know completely—the hidden places of my heart.

Reveal to me my sins by shining the light of Truth on my darkness. 

Root out anything offensive that would put distance between You and me.

And let me walk with You, forevermore.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment