Monday, March 12, 2012

The Road That Leads To Life

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”

--Matthew 7:13-14 (NIV)


Loving Lord,

Help me to seek out the narrow road and small gate which usher me into life the way that You intended for me to experience it.

Keep me from allowing myself to be enticed, by my own evil desires, through the wide gate along the broad road that leads to only pain, misery and destruction.

Keep me from getting swept along with the crowd of people who look for the easy way, only to find that it is, in reality, the hardest way of all.

Keep my heart from settling for anything less than Your best life for me and help me to tell others of the rich treasures that lie beyond the narrow gate, so they might seek to find it as well.

Help me to seek out the narrow road and small gate which usher me into life the way that You intended for me to experience it.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment