Friday, May 11, 2012

Soul Food


And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.”

--John 6:35 (NKJV)


Heavenly Father,

Thank You that just as bread brings life to my body, so Your Son, Jesus, brings life to my soul.

When I seek Him out and come to Him, He always satisfies my soul. 

As long as I bring every desire of my heart and every concern of my life to Him, and place it in His hands, and remain in the fullness of His presence, believing in Him, my soul no longer hungers or thirsts.

Help me to realize that when I am in any way unsettled in my soul, it is because I have strayed from Him…and I only have to return to Him for the longings of my soul to be satisfied.

Thank You that just as bread brings life to my body, so Your Son, Jesus, brings life to my soul.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment