Monday, May 7, 2012

Out Of A Thankful Heart


But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.

--1 Samuel 12:24 (NIV)


Father God,

My heart is full of thanks for the many great things that You have done for me.  By Your Spirit within me, show me how I can best serve You today.

I don’t want to take lightly the great things that You have done in my life.  I want to think about them continuously as I move through each new day, so that my heart will remain grateful to You.

But, I don’t just want to be grateful to You.  Out of my gratefulness to You, I want to demonstrate my reverent respect for You, by acting out of my heartfelt commitment to serve You.

My heart is full of thanks for the many great things that You have done for me.  By Your Spirit within me, show me how I can best serve You today.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment