Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Outside Of The Boat


“Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”

 “Come,” he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.  But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”

Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”

--Matthew 14:28-31 (NIV)


Saving Lord,

Grant me the boldness to leave those places that, in my mind, are places of safety when You call me to leave them behind. 

Help me to keep my eyes on You and not allow the threats of those things which surround me, steal my resolve to follow Your calling in total trust and faith, so I can accomplish that which to me might seem impossible.

If my faith fails me, give me the wisdom to cry out to You, with the full assurance that You will hear my cries and rescue me.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment