Friday, May 25, 2012

Song Of My Heart


It is good to give thanks to the Lord, and sing praises to Your name, O Most High.
It is good to tell of Your loving-kindness in the morning, and of how faithful You are at night,

--Psalm 92:1-2 (NLV)


Loving and Faithful Lord,

With each new morning, let a song of praise from my heart overflow to You, because of Your unfailing love.  And with each new evening, let that song of my heart be a song of gratitude, for Your never-ending faithfulness to me.

I will open my mouth and sing praises to Your name, giving thanks, O Most High, because Your love for us endures forever!

Use me today, to proclaim that good news of Your love to others.

May that song that I sing, carry me through my day and, when the evening comes I will sing a song of Your faithfulness to quiet my heart in the night.

It is only right and good that I should do this, and yet I am the one who is blessed in the doing, for I cannot lift up my heart to You in praise without receiving the far greater blessing from You.

With each new morning, let a song of praise from my heart overflow to You, because of Your unfailing love.  And with each new evening, let that song of my heart be a song of gratitude, for Your never-ending faithfulness to me.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment