Friday, May 18, 2012

Lord Of My Heart


But make sure in your hearts that Christ is Lord. Always be ready to give an answer to anyone who asks you about the hope you have. Be ready to give the reason for it. But do it gently and with respect.

--1 Peter 3:15 (NIRV)


Lord God,

Rule and reign in my heart, so that I might help others find Jesus.

Help me to keep my heart sanctified for You as I strive to:

·        Test every thought of my mind, out of fear and reverence for You.
·        Devote myself to worshiping You, for You alone are worthy.
·        Draw all my strength from Your infinite power.
·        Trust in Your mercy and grace...goodness and faithfulness.
·        Submit myself to Your wisdom and understanding.
·        Reflect Christ, in love.

Help me truly allow Christ to be Lord of my heart—so that my actions will invite others to question me about the hope that I have and I will be ready to tell them, respectfully and with humble gentleness, of the wonderful works of my Lord and Savior.

Rule and reign in my heart, so that I might help others find Jesus.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment