Friday, April 26, 2013

Already There



I can never escape from your Spirit!
    I can never get away from your presence!
If I go up to heaven, you are there;
    if I go down to the grave, you are there.
If I ride the wings of the morning,
    if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
even there your hand will guide me,
    and your strength will support me.



—Psalm 139:7-10 (NLT)





Omnipresent LORD,



Thank You that no matter where I go, You are already there, ready to comfort, guide and support me by Your Spirit.



When, in my foolishness, I have gone my own way and feel like I am far from where You are, help me to remember that I only need to reach for You and I will find You right there with me, ready to rescue me and gently guide me, by the power of Your right hand, to the path that I should follow.



Never let me forget that though I cannot see You and I may not always sense Your presence with me, You never leave me, but rather are constantly watching over me with a compassion for me that is far beyond my own understanding.



May the knowledge of Your constant presence with me create in me the courage to faithfully follow wherever You might lead me, trusting that You will sustain me in every way, no matter where find myself.



Thank You that no matter where I go, You are already there, ready to comfort, guide and support me by Your Spirit.



In the name of Jesus, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment