Wednesday, July 4, 2012

First Love First

I know all the things you do. I have seen your hard work and your patient endurance. I know you don't tolerate evil people. You have examined the claims of those who say they are apostles but are not. You have discovered they are liars. You have patiently suffered for me without quitting. But I have this complaint against you. You don't love me or each other as you did at first!

--Revelation 2: 2-4 (NLT)



Heavenly Father,

I don't want to get so busy "doing" that my motives for "doing" aren't based out of my love for You and for others.


Help me always to remember the love that I had for You when You first saved me, and help me never let go of that love, so that when I act out of obedience to the things that You have called me to do for You, the intended end will be accomplished.


Help me to understand that as I stand up for what is right and defend the faith, I may be tempted to allow the struggle to weaken my affection for, and compassionate patience with, others.

Help me to spend the time to nuture my first love with You so that I can then truly show forth the love of Jesus in everything that I do.


I don't want to get so busy "doing" that my motives for "doing" aren't based out of my love for You and for others.


In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment