Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Delight And Commit


Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you your heart’s desires.
Commit everything you do to the Lord.
    Trust him, and he will help you.

--Psalm 37: 4-5 (NLT)


Heavenly Father,


I want my heart’s desires, my greatest pleasure and my most complete joy to be found simply by being in Your presence, as I commit all that I do to You, and trust You to help me in everything.

I know that in order for that to be possible, I must know You in an intimate and personal way—that I must be continually seeking to know You more and striving to truly understand the vastness of Your love for me and Your steadfast faithfulness to me.

I must know You, because I know enough about myself to know that I will not truly trust someone, or delight in being in their presence, until I know them well.

As I seek to know You, You give me the desires of my heart and I feel the freedom to trust You with all I have and in everything I do, and to commit all my ways to You, because I know that You have the power and the wisdom to take care of me far better than I could ever take care of myself.

I want my heart’s desires, my greatest pleasure and my most complete joy to be found simply by being in Your presence, as I commit all that I do to You, and trust You to help me in everything.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment