Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Out Of The Pit


I waited patiently for the Lord to help me,
    and he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the pit of despair,
    out of the mud and the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground
    and steadied me as I walked along.
He has given me a new song to sing,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see what he has done and be amazed.
    They will put their trust in the Lord.

--Psalm 40: 1-3 (NLT)


Merciful God,


Help me to remember that if I will patiently wait for You to help me in my times of distress, You will faithfully come to my rescue and cause many to put their trust in You, as they see how You mercifully delivered me from my troubles.

I don’t want to be like the man who, falling into quicksand, panics, thrashes and flails only making his situation worse.  When I find myself in a pit of despair, I want to look confidently towards You for my salvation.

So, I will purpose to quietly wait for You, trusting You to hear the cry of my heart and pull me from the mud and mire of my despair, to set my feet once again on solid ground, to steady me as I move forward with You, and to put a new song of praise in my heart for You, so that everyone around me will know the great things that You have done for me.

Help me to remember that if I will patiently wait for You to help me in my times of distress, You will faithfully come to my rescue and cause many to put their trust in You, as they see how You mercifully delivered me from my troubles.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment