Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It Is Not Enough

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

--Galatians 5:25-26 (NIV)


It is not enough for me, Lord, that I have my life in You through Your Spirit.

I want to walk in line with Your Holy Spirit at all times, moving forward in Your plan for my life, by allowing Your Spirit to have complete control over my conduct…without exception.

Because I know if I allow Your Holy Spirit to work through me in every detail of my life, I won’t fall into the trap of irritating and provoking others, by comparing myself to them as if I was better than them, or even allow myself to become discouraged, by thinking that I am somehow less than someone else and wanting what they have.

I want to accept myself and others as interesting originals, uniquely crafted by You and according to Your plan.

So, I ask you to help me submit my conduct to the leading of Your Spirit in all things, so that I may please you in everything I say and do.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment