Friday, December 30, 2011

Nothing About Me You Don’t Already Know

O LORD, You have searched me and known me.

You know my sitting down and my rising up;
         You understand my thought afar off.

You comprehend my path and my lying down,
         And are acquainted with all my ways.

For there is not a word on my tongue,
         But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.

You have hedged me behind and before,
         And laid Your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
         It is high, I cannot attain it.


 -- Psalm 139:1-6 (NKJ)


Omniscient God,

There is nothing about me that you don’t already know altogether!

Help me to understand just how deeply and intimately You know me, so I will see that before You, it is pointless for me to pretend to be someone who I am not.

You have examined me…and continually examine me…in every detail, in every way…and You know me better than I know myself.

You pay attention to every action I undertake…even if it is just to sit down or to stand up.

You know at all times, what I am thinking…to the point of knowing my thoughts before they are even fully formed in my own mind.

You know when I go out and when I lie down…and my reasons and motives are laid bare before you for everything that I do.

You know exactly what I am going to say before I say it…before the words form in my mouth.

Thank You that You keep me under such scrutiny…and that Your hand is ever upon me so that I don’t escape You.

Your intimate knowledge of me is a wondrous and miraculous thing…which is beyond my human ability to comprehend.

So help me to come before you just as I really am, knowing that…

There is nothing about me that you don’t already know altogether!

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment