Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Make Me A True Treasure Hunter

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 

but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
--Matthew 6:19-21 (NKJ)


Father God,

Make me a true treasure hunter…
…so I will find my treasure is in You.

I don’t want to be someone who goes around greedily hoarding up things here on earth for himself…
…because any of those so called “treasures” that I have today, could be gone tomorrow--destroyed, lost, or even stolen.

Make me a true treasure hunter…
…so I will find my treasure is in You.
I want to be someone who goes around storing up things that have eternal value…
…because anything I do in this life that carries with it eternal value, is rewarded in heaven and can never be destroyed, lost, or ever stolen.

Make me a true treasure hunter…
…so I will find my treasure is in You.

I want to be someone whose treasure is in heaven…
…so my heart will be there also.

Make me a true treasure hunter…
…so I will find my treasure is in You.



In the name of Jesus, Amen.
 

1 comment:

  1. Your prayers remind me to pray for you as you are seeking to find God's will for your life. I seek for God's will in my life as I face physical limitations and the realization that I may not have much time left on this earth. My prayer focus reaches out to the millions of people who are bearing heavier burdens than mine. They need our prayers and the peace that can come only from trust in God. Blessings on you!

    ReplyDelete