Wednesday, December 7, 2011

You, My Lord, Are Good And Kind

Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.
Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.
I Peter 2:1-3 (NIV)

You, my Lord, are good and kind.

I have tasted of Your goodness from the day You saved me.

So, I ask you to:

Set me free from every trace of wickedness and any desire within me to cause pain, injury, or distress to others.

Set me free from any tendency to deceive others, so that my true intentions will always be understood and my actions will reflect my words.

Set me free from the temptation to pretend to be someone that I am not and help me to be, vulnerably and sincerely, who I am.

Set me free from any envy for, or resentment towards the blessings I see in the lives of others, so I may be content in my own life.

Set me free from using my words to slander another person's reputation, or to hurt or insult others.


Create in me a thirst for the pure spiritual milk of Your Word, just as if I had the survival instincts of a healthy newborn baby, who is driven by an unrestrained hunger for the nourishment of his mother’s milk.

Because, I know without the truth of Your Word, I cannot grow into the man you called me to become, the day You saved me and I first tasted that,

You, my Lord, are good and kind.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment