Monday, December 5, 2011

God Of Peace, Be With Me

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.
 Philippians 4:8-9

God of Peace…

…be with me, today.

Let my thoughts be saturated with whatever things You show me to be true,
    Everything that I discover to be worthy of reverence and honor,
        All things that are morally upright and good.

Let my thoughts be pure, free from those things that weaken or pollute me,
    Focused on those things that are lovely, and endearing,
        Filled with that which is worthy of the highest esteem.

Let my thoughts contain only that which is excellent and worthy of praise.

Let me put into practice all that I have learned, received or heard from You, along with that which I have seen in You, so I can have the assurance that You will indeed…

…be with me, today,

God of Peace.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment