Friday, January 13, 2012

I Want To Listen With My Heart

But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.

But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

--James 1:22-25 (NKJV)


Father God,

I want to listen with my heart.

I don’t want to be that person who only listens to Your Word with his ears and fools only himself into believing that he is doing what you require.

I want to be that person who listens to Your Word with his whole heart, holding onto what he hears and allowing the Word to change him within, so he then willingly acts on the things the Word says to do.

I don’t want to be that person who only takes a glance and then quickly forgets.

I want to be that person who:

continues to study Your Word intently,
remembering and taking to heart what it says, 

so that I can walk in the freedom that it gives,
and the blessings that will come, as I do what it says. 

I want to listen with my heart.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment