Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Word Of Christ In Me


Let Christ's word live in you like a rich treasure. Teach and correct each other wisely. Sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing with thanks in your hearts to God.

--Colossians 3:16 (NIRV)

Heavenly Father,

May the Word of Christ…and the hope that His Word brings…always have a home in my heart, giving life to my mind and wisdom to my thoughts, so that I might:

Correctly instruct…and openly receive wise instruction,

Demonstrate by my example…and learn from the example of others, and

Share from my experience…and consider and apply the experience of others to my own life,

Always willing and ready to kindly encourage and gently advise others with the Word.
And may there rise up from within me...by that same Word of Christ...a voice to sing psalms, hymns of praise and songs spontaneously inspired by Your Holy Spirit--out of an overflowing heart of gratitude to You.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment