Friday, January 27, 2012

You Are My Strength


Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the LORD,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable. 
He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
--Isaiah 40:28-29 (NKJV)


Mighty God,

Remind me…when I forget…that it is You who makes me strong!

I know that You, my LORD, are the everlasting God who created all that there is. 

I need to remember that, unlike me, You don’t become weak or grow tired, nor do You ever even need to take a moment to stop to catch your breath! 

I need to remember that I can’t ever expect to be able to measure the depths of Your understanding, for Your knowledge and wisdom are without end.

I need to remember that You are the One who gives me power when I am weak and worn out…and that You freely and abundantly pour out Your strength upon me when I am powerless.

Remind me…when I forget…that it is You who makes me strong!

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment