Monday, January 9, 2012

I Choose Life...I Choose You.

I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; that you may love the LORD your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days...

--Deuteronomy 30:19-20a (NKJV)


Heavenly Father,


Through your Word, You have placed the choice before me:


            Life or Death,


            Blessing or Cursing.


But you didn’t leave it there. You even told me which to choose!


You told me to choose life, so that I, along with all my descendants might live in the fullness of life that flows from You, when I choose to:

Love You…as my LORD, in a covenant relationship with You,


Obey You…as evidence of that love for You,


Cling to You…consistent at all times, in my love for You. 


In choosing life...I choose You…because only You, through Your immeasurable love, mercy and grace, can:

            Give me life,


            Preserve my life,


            Revive my life, and


            Lengthen my life.


I choose life…I choose You. 

Help me to never turn from this choice.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.



1 comment:

  1. Sometime we forget we have choices. Instead we just go with the crowds and get shoved into a place we don't really want to be.
    I love that God gives us choices and even tells us the best (only) choice to make.

    ReplyDelete