Friday, August 3, 2012

Healthy Interdependence


Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other.

--Romans 12:4-5 (NLT)


Heavenly Father,

Help me to remember that You have designed Your church to be a healthy, interdependent group of individually gifted believers, unified by the Spirit of God, Who is alive and at work in each one of us.

When I see the interdependence of all the intricate parts of my physical body and how they must all work together to maintain the health of my life, I am reminded of my responsibility to open myself to allow You to use the gifts You have placed in me, as I fulfill my role in supporting the health of the body of Christ—that is, the church.

Help me to courageously do my part, with humbleness of spirit and with confidence in You alone. Help me realize that there are a variety of vital roles that we, as Christian brothers and sisters, have been called to do and each one is just as critical to the health of the church as is my own role.

But, despite the diversity of functions within that body that we may have, remind me that it is the same Holy Spirit that holds us together in unity of purpose as we move forward, each one doing his part, to carry out God’s plan for His church.

Help me to understand not only that others in this body depend on me, but also remind me of my dependence on others within this fellowship, as we all strive together to keep the body healthy, effective and growing for Your glory, God.

Help me to remember that You have designed Your church to be a healthy, interdependent group of individually gifted believers, unified by the Spirit of God, Who is alive and at work in each one of us.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.



1 comment: