Monday, August 13, 2012

Happy-Hearted Attitude


For the despondent, every day brings trouble;
    for the happy heart, life is a continual feast.

--Proverbs 15:15 (NLT)


Dear God,

I want to be the kind of guy that fills his heart with good thoughts, so that I can maintain a happy-hearted attitude, no matter what comes my way.

I know that if I allow myself to get discouraged, by never missing an opportunity to dwell on every bad thing that happens, my attitude will become poisoned and my days will be filled with trouble.

I know that if I allow myself to become encouraged, by never missing an opportunity to dwell on every good thing with which You have so abundantly blessed me, my attitude will be nourished and my days will be filled with happiness.

Remind me to eat well from the continual feast of goodness that You prepare before me each day, so that my days will be filled with joy.

I want to be the type of guy that fills his heart with good thoughts, so that I can maintain a happy-hearted attitude, no matter what comes my way.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment