Monday, February 13, 2012

Courageous And Strong


Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.
Do everything in love.
--1 Corinthians 16:13-14 (NIV)

Heavenly Father,

Help me to take my place as the man You have created me to be.

Always keep me alert, aware and ready to respond to the dangers which surround me and my family every moment of every day, whether they are obvious threats to our safety or subtle deceptions by the enemy to entice me into ruin.

Help me to hold on to the revelation of truth that I have found in Your Word and not exchange it for the so-called “wisdom” of this world, remembering at all times that it is by this faith that I am now able…and will continue to be able…to stand against temptation and overcome the world.

Make me fearlessly courageous and forever strong by always keeping me conscious of…and sensitive to…the power of an Omnipotent God at work in me. 

As I move forward boldly and courageously in that strength, remind me always to temper both my words and my actions with that God-kind of love that was demonstrated to me by my loving Savior, Jesus Christ.

Help me to take my place as the man You have created me to be.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment