Monday, February 27, 2012

Following Simple Instructions

Do to others as you would have them do to you.

--Luke 6:31 (NIV)



Dear Lord,

Thank you for the way you make things easy for me to understand.

There are some things that come from You that I try…but fail miserably…to understand.

That is why I am so grateful that You make Your most important instructions so wonderfully understandable and simple to apply.

Help this question be in my heart with every interaction I make with others, both today and every day:

How would I want this person to treat me if I were standing where they are and they were standing where I am?

Then help me to consciously answer the question and apply the answer to my actions, so that I may always act out of kindness and love.

Thank you for the way you make things easy for me to understand.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment