Monday, February 20, 2012

Perfect Perspective


As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

--Isaiah 55:9 (NIV)


Heavenly Father,

There is so much that I still do not understand…and that’s okay!

Help me not to get so consumed with trying to understand everything about what you are doing, that I forget that I don’t have to understand everything…that You simply expect me to have faith and consistently trust that You are always at work for my good.

Remind me that just like the heavens are much higher than the earth, the way that You do things, and even Your way of thinking about things, is absolutely perfect…a result of Your unhindered and infinite perspective.

At the same time, don’t let me forget that how I do things, and even the way I think about things, is greatly flawed…because of my distorted and limited perspective.

Help me to trust that You will let me see things from Your perspective when and if the time is right…and give me the peace of mind to rest in Your love, in the meantime.

There is so much that I still do not understand…and that’s okay!

In the name of Jesus, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment