Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Help Me Get It Right!


Quench not the Spirit.
Despise not prophesyings.
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
Abstain from all appearance of evil. 

1 Thessalonians 5:19-22 (KJV)

Holy Lord,

Help me get it right!

I don’t want to limit what Your Holy Spirit can do through me, by allowing my sinful actions to separate me from You.  

I want to feel the fire of the Holy Spirit burning in me, as I walk uprightly before You.

I don’t want to dismiss anyone who might be speaking words of life and truth from You.

I want to be open to receive all You have for me.

I don’t want to accept everything I hear or see as truth, taking everything into my heart like a baby who puts everything in his mouth, unaware of how it might harm him.

I want to test everything I hear or see by Your Spirit, only holding on to that which is good and true alone, and casting that which is evil and false far from me.

I don’t want it to even look like anything that I am doing might be wrong and cause others, because of their perception of my actions, to rationalize their own actions and fall into sin.

I want to do what is right and good at all times and in all situations, so that my witness to others about Your power at work in me might be strong.

Help me get it right!

In the name of Jesus, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment