Friday, February 17, 2012

Not One More Moment


Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
 --Philippians 4:6-7 (NLV)


God of Grace,

I don’t want to give the enemy one more moment of my valuable time.

Help me to remember that when the enemy relentlessly attacks my mind with 

  • everything that has gone wrong in my life so far,
  • the seemingly hopeless situations that find myself in now, as a result,
  • and everything that might go wrong from this point forward, 

that You have given me a way to 

  • escape the torment,
  • quiet the enemy,
  • and receive Your peace which abundantly exceeds my ability to understand.

I don’t want to give the enemy one more moment of my valuable time.

When that flood of negative thoughts assaults me, remind me to thank You for how You have always carried me through my life, miraculously providing for my needs and consistently working for my good.

Remind me to come to You and spell out what is bothering me, trusting You to take the mess from me and fix it as only You truly can.

Help me to know that as much as I am able to leave it all in Your hands, so will Your peace be multiplied back to me.

Knowing how important it is to guard my heart, help me to remember that as I live my life in Christ Jesus, You have promised Your peace will guard my heart and mind.

I don’t want to give the enemy one more moment of my valuable time.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment