Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I Want To Be Fearless


God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah
--Psalm 46:1-3 (NKJV)


All Powerful God,

You are my refuge and strength!

You shelter and shield me, when I am pursued by the enemy and he tries to deceive me into being afraid.

You show me that I can confidently know that I am safe and secure in Your arms.

You are my refuge and strength!

You give me Your strength, so that I can bear up under any difficulty, in the work that You have called me to do.

You are my refuge and strength!

When trouble comes, I don’t have to go looking for You, because You are already here with me—completely ready, abundantly willing, and more than sufficiently able to help me. 

All I have to do is ask!

You are my refuge and strength!

In You, I can be bold and fearless...which is not only my privilege, but also my duty. 

You are my refuge and strength!

Even if everything that I have come to know falls apart around me, or is violently torn down and destroyed, I know that I am sheltered and shielded--held forever safe in Your arms!

You are my refuge and strength!

In the name of Jesus, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment