Wednesday, October 10, 2012

It's All My Choice



The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

--1 Corinthians 10:13 (NLT)



Dear Lord,



Help me to remember, when I am tempted to sin, that I alone am the one who decides whether to allow that temptation to overpower me, or to look to You to show me the way out.


Your Word tells me that I am not alone in my temptations—that everyone is tempted and that my temptations are no different than what others experience.

You also tell me that You will  be faithful to be there, not allowing the temptation to be too much for me to resist, but showing me a way out, so that I always have that free-will choice to make.

Help me to make the right choice. Help me to look for the way out. 

Help me to recognize that it may come from You showing me people or situations to avoid that would lead me to be tempted in the first place.

That it may come from Your Spirit prompting me to run from things that I know are wrong or reminding me to pray in the middle of the temptation. 

That it may come from You showing me the importance of the support of godly friends who are willing to love me by holding me accountable for my actions.

Help me to see that temptation isn’t sin, until I quit looking for the way out that You have provided and choose its destructive course, instead.


Help me to remember, when I am tempted to sin, that I alone am the one who decides whether to allow that temptation to overpower me, or to look to You to show me the way out.


In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment